1/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup butter melted
1/4 cup coconut oil melted
1/4 cup cashew butter
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp coconut flour
1 Tbsp lemon zest
5 heaping Tbsp honey
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons coconut sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper leaving enough on the sides so you can
easily remove the cake.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg and add the cashew butter, coconut oil and melted butter, lemon zest, sugar and
lemon juice. Stir to mix well. Sift in the coconut flour, stirring continuously until you get a sticky dough.
- Transfer it to the baking pan and press evenly on the bottom. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from the oven
to cool a little bit.
- Meanwhile, to create the filling combine the honey with lemon juice and zest. Sift the flour in little by little.
Add the eggs one by one and mix just until well incorporated.
- Pour the filling over the crust and tap the pan on the table a few times to remove the air bubbles.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the edges are set. The middle of the cake will be shivering but that’s fine.
- Turn off the heat and leave the pan in the oven for about 40-60 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Grind the coconut sugar in a spice grinder or coffee grinder to get powdered sugar and dust the cake before